So I live in WI. It is the beginning of January and it is colder than a witches … okay I’ll keep it PC. It is literally below 0 Fahrenheit. So, since I am sure many of you are in the same boat as I am in. So, how do you stay healthy in the winter months?
- Let the sunshine in! So, I liked the 40 year old virgin. It was funny. They sang this song, so I think I am clever quoting it. But really, sunshine has vitamin D. Vitamin D is critical to your core immune system. Try to get some sunshine.
- In Living Color! I am cracking myself up here. Or dating myself. Either way, get some color in your diet. Eating fruits and veggies help to increase the antioxidants in your body. Antioxidants like vitamin D and C – (Ah, there is that Vitamin D again!) – antioxidants help support your immune system. Try to eat more of the good stuff.
- Supplement with OnGuard. You can put a drop in your water, use the beadlets, or the softgels. Great immune system supporter!
- Wash Wash Wash your hands! Nuh said. Helps to eliminate the exchange of germs and other yucky stuff. Just do it. You can also add the OnGuard Sanitizing Mist in lieu of hand sanitizer after you wash your hands.
- Sleep like a Baby! Or at least like you took NyQuil. Nah, not really. Just make sure you get enough sleep, not doing so acts as an immune system suppressant. You can supplement with Serenity Restful blend if you need a little help – but try to stay away from Amb***. Now is not the time of year to go wandering in the middle of the night in the cold (totally kidding, please don’t sue me company name that I did not mention fully.)
- Move your A… Butt! (See how I reworded that there?). Exercise helps to regulate your blood sugar, cortisol levels and other chemical messengers in your body. These assist your immune system with working more effectively.
- Relax or Meditate. Easier said than done, I know. Personally I like the Insight Timer app (it is free, and I just really like it!) for FREE guided meditations. You can also try our Balance, Serenity, or our Emotional Aromatherapy blends to help you out.
It’s cold out there campers! Try to stay warm, stay healthy, and stay safe. Most of all, try to keep your sense of humor.